Digital detox. Is it more important now than ever? We tend to think so. Not only are there physiological affects on your body (posture, vision, etc.), but there are psycholocal affects too (FOMO is real!). We'll leave the reasons for your digital detox up to you but one thing we can guarantee - your doctor would definitely perscribe a few days away from it all to detox your body, and mind, from the stresses of every day life. So what's stopping you? Hop on our next scheduled bush plane, and we'll see if we can't help you relax, disconnect with the digital world, and reconnect with the natural world around you.
Ten reasons why BLL is the perfect place to switch off your device:
- There is no cell phone reception.
- More than 100 km from roads, cities or any human habitation, there is no pollution from man-made sound or light.
You can reconnect with all your senses:
listen to the incredible silence in winter; the symphony of nature in summer;
marvel at the dancing aurora borealis with your eyes, don’t miss them because you are worrying about setting your device’s camera;
smell and feel the crisp purity of the air;
taste the fresh flavours of our daily on-site baking
- You get to experience again the child-like excitement of playing outdoors: build a snowman or igloo; swim or splash about in the lake; ride a fat-tyre or mountain bike; strap on snowshoes or skis or skates; try your hand at fishing; float in a boat; take a hike on one of our groomed trails; sit round a campfire telling stories or simply staring into the flames.
- Bring a (paper) book to read, or borrow one from our extensive northern library, and curl up with it in a comfy chair. We are 100% paperback friendly around here.
- We have plenty of board games and packs of cards if you want some interactive fun with your fellow guests.
- You have time and space to power up your creative side: write in a journal; bring your paints; burrow through our craft boxes for knitting or crayons or who knows what that might spark your imagination.
- Nature is right at your doorstep. Gaze out the massive windows and watch the light change, the snow fall, the lake sparkle, the birds and squirrels going about their daily business: perhaps an eagle, or even a lynx will come by.
- Our number one goal is for you to be comfortable (hot showers, great food, hot tub, sauna, indoor sanitation, for example) without sacrificing the benefits of remote wilderness.
- You can be assured that although you are not instantly available, your nearest and dearest can contact you through us in the case of a serious emergency.