COVID-19 in the NWT
Since the beginning of the pandemic, the NWT has been very fortunate to keep our cases very low and population safe. This was largely due to travel restrictions in/out of the territory. The GNWT (Government of the NWT) has been updating their travel policies, and will continue to do so in the coming months. To see if you are eligible to travel into the NWT, please see the GNWT guidelines here.
- We are now taking bookings (with flexible booking policies) for travellers from outside the NWT for travel December 21st onwards without completed travel exemptions.
- If you wish to visit us prior to December 21, 2021 and you are not an NWT resident, it is your responsibility to liaise with the GNWT for your entry permission and we kindly ask that you please provide us with your travel exemption upon booking.
Please note that if you are travelling to the NWT, it is your responsibility to ensure you have proper entry permissions. Blachford Lake Lodge does not assume this responsibility. To see if you are eligible for entry, please contact ProtectNWT directly or see their web page here.
Blachford’s Additional COVID-19 Procedures:
- All of our staff have been fully vaccinated.
- You will be required to complete a health declaration upon arrival at Air Tindi’s Float Base. You will be required to wear a mask during your flight, as per air transport regulations.
- Please bring your own mask – home-made or disposable, your choice. You are not required to wear it, but more than welcome to.
- Good news! Both our Hot Tub and Sauna are now available for use at the lodge. When you arrive, our staff will talk you through making arrangements for use as we adhere to the required COVID-19 protocols for operations.
- The GNWT has opened numbers for indoor capacities. We will be seating all guests together for each mealtime again.
- Games and reading materials have been removed – please bring your own at this time.
- Indoor crocs will be provided again.
- All life vests, outdoor equipment, etc. will be sanitized between uses.
- Please bring Visa, Mastercard or AMEX with you. Cash is now accepted on site.
- We are using enhanced cleaning measures, so again, please be patient with us!