Summer Fishing at Blachford
Blachford Lake offers trophy sized Lake Trout and Northern Pike! In recent years the winning entries in our Trophy Release Contest were a 38 lb. Lake Trout, and a 32 lb. Northern Pike. Whitefish can be caught in Blachford Lake, and Walleye (around 4 or 5 lb.) can be caught on two of the adjoining lakes that are just a short walk from Blachford Lake. The ice melts on the lake in early June making it an excellent time for fishing. Throughout June thru to early July, fish are generally caught close to the surface. In late August thru to September Northern Pike bite a lot in shallow water. In early September Trout swim in deeper water and by late September they rise to shallow water to spawn.
At Blachford Lake Lodge we actively promote a “Catch & Release” Fish Management Program that includes the use of barbless hooks and fish gloves to ensure the careful and healthy release of all large fish. However we encourage our guests to enjoy tasty smaller fish for shore lunches or dinners!
Fishing licences must be purchased prior to your arrival at Blachford Lake Lodge and is required for anyone who wants to fish. You may purchase one online at https://licences.enr.gov.nt.ca/.
2019 & 2020 Packages
Cabin or Lodge Room
|2 night (Friday to Sunday, Wednesday to Friday)||$1,300|
|3 night (Sunday to Wednesday)||$1,695|
|4 night (Wednesday to Sunday)||$2,055|
|5 night (Sunday to Friday, Friday to Wednesday)||$2,450|
|7 night (starting Friday, Sunday or Wednesday)||$3,150|
- All meals
- All snacks
- Shore lunch excursion
- Coffee, tea, juice
- Flight Yellowknife - Blachford - Yellowknife
- Accommodation (lodge or cabin)
- 1x 2 hour guided fishing excursion
- Access to boat for your own fishing excursions (gas purchase extra)
- Gear rental (but please do bring your own, if you prefer!)
- Use of all other seasonal equipment (hiking trails, canoes, kayaks, SUP paddle boards, fire pits, etc.)
- Use of tipi, hot tub and sauna
- Handicraft sessions in the lodge (dream catcher making, spruce salve making)
- Basic wi-fi package (250 MB/day - additional internet is an additional cost)
- Yoga equipment
- Pre departure information
- 50% off for kids 14 and under
- Additional guided fishing excursions
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- All rates are per person and are quoted in Canadian dollars. Please add 5% goods and services tax and 10% gratuities.
- Single supplement requests (private, single occupancy) add 25% to the package rate
- Please double check with our office for availability prior to booking your flights in/out of your home city and Yellowknife.
- All guests will be required to sign a liability waiver when booking.
- While it is not mandatory, we 100% recommend all guests ensure they have emergency medical coverage prior to visiting the lodge.
When booking your flights in/out of Yellowknife please ensure that you arrive into Yellowknife prior to 10:30am on your day of departure to the lodge. Flights from Yellowknife to the lodge depart at 12pm (noon). Flights from the lodge to Yellowknife will have you back in the city around 2pm.
Optional Summer Extras:
|Guided Fishing||Price Per Person|
|2 hours per person||Included In Package|
|Half Day (4 hours) per person||$175|
|Full Day (8 hours) per person||$265|
Fishing licenses have to be purchased in Yellowknife, prior to departure to Blachford Lake Lodge. For more information click HERE.
Weather conditions can delay air charter departures. Blachford Lake Lodge will do its utmost to accommodate clients. However, weather conditions are beyond our control and therefore we cannot be responsible for additional costs incurred by guests.
- A deposit of 1/3 the total price is required to confirm your booking.
A deposit of 1/2 the total price is required to confirm a booking for groups of 8
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, and cash payment.
- Balance is due 45 days prior to arrival date.
- Deposit is refundable until 45 days prior to arrival, except for an administration fee of 10% of the deposit.
- 44-15 days prior to arrival – deposit and 50% of balance is non refundable.
- 14-0 days prior to arrival 100% is non refundable.
Find our FAQ HERE.