Blachford Only Packages
|2 night (Friday to Sunday, Wednesday to Friday)||$1,950||$1,300|
|3 night (Sunday to Wednesday)||$2,600||$1,695|
|4 night (Wednesday to Sunday)||$3,350||$2,055|
|5 night (Sunday to Friday, Friday to Wednesday)||$3,975||$2,450|
|7 night (starting Friday, Sunday or Wednesday)||$4,725||$3,150|
2019 New Moon dates:
- January 5
- February 4
- March 6
- April 5
- Flightseeing charter Yellowknife - Blachford - Yellowknife
- Lodge or cabin accommodation
- Welcome orientation
- All meals
- All snacks
- Coffee, tea, juice
- Use of hot tub and sauna
- Handicraft workshop in the lodge
- Igloo/Quinzhee building (condition dependant)
- Introduction and hints about aurora photography
- Use of Lodge Facilities: Dining room, Aurora lounge, fireplaces, northern library, bathrooms with showers, basins and toilets, hot tub, sauna, open decks
- Use of seasonal equipment (cross country skis, snowshoes, groomed 2-6k trails, fat tire bikes, firepits, skates, ice fishing gear)
- Basic wifi package (250 MB/day, additional internet packages available for purchase)
- Aurora Watch servic enightly
- Yoga equipment
- Two hour interperative experience each day
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
- Snowmobile tours
- Alcoholic beverages
- Winter clothing rental (available - just ask!)
- All rates are per person and are quoted in Canadian dollars. Please add 5% goods and services tax and 10% gratuities.
- Single supplement requests (private, single occupancy) add 25% to the package rate
- Please double check with our office for availability prior to booking your flights in/out of your home city and Yellowknife.
- All guests will be required to sign a liability waiver when booking.
- While it is not mandatory, we 100% recommend all guests ensure they have emergency medical coverage prior to visiting the lodge.
When booking your flights in/out of Yellowknife please ensure that you arrive into Yellowknife prior to 09:00am on your day of departure to the lodge. Flights from Yellowknife to the lodge depart at 10am. Flights from the lodge to Yellowknife will have you back in the city around 11am.
|Winter Gear Rental|
|Down parka, insulated snow pants, felt-duffle-lined boots, and lined mitts.|
|Includes delivery of gear to bush plane departure location, fitting, and pick up from bush plane arrival location.|
|Full Kit||Your Whole Stay||$150|
|One Item||Per Item||$50|
|Hotel delivery/pick-up per person||Each way||$25|
Please see snowmobile tours available here.
Snowmobiling to Blachford:
Are you a local Yellowknife resident and/or friend of one (or adventurous guest!), and wish to travel to Blachford on your own or rental snowmachine? Please contact our office for availability and current rates.
Fishing licenses have to be purchased in Yellowknife, prior to departure to Blachford Lake Lodge. For more information and to obtain your license please click HERE.
Weather conditions could delay air charter departures. Blachford Lake Lodge will do its utmost to accommodate clients. However, weather conditions are beyond our control and therefore we cannot be responsible for additional costs incurred by guests.
Please be aware that the Aurora does not appear every night, even when the sky is clear, and it also cannot be seen through cloud. We cannot therefore guarantee Aurora sightings at any time, including on New Moon Aurora dates.
We have a traditional tent frame (plywood floor and sides with canvas/ tarp top) set up on Grace Lake - adjoining Blachford. Wood stove provides heat and gas lamps for light. Outdoor toilet. Basin water for washing. Guide would sleep in adjoining tent frame. This is our main base for winter overnights and for those seeking another level of winter adventure. One or a combination of our snowmobile routes can be combined to include the Grace Lake tent frame overnight option for one or more nights, returning later to the comforts of the lodge at Blachford.
- A deposit of 1/3 the total price is required to confirm your booking.
- A deposit of 1/2 the total price is required to confirm a booking for groups of 8 or more.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard and cash payment.
- Balance is due 45 days prior to arrival date.
- Deposit is refundable until 45 days prior to arrival, except for an administration fee of 10% of the deposit.
- 44-15 days prior to arrival – deposit and 50% of balance is non refundable.
- 14-0 days prior to arrival 100% is non refundable.
Find our FAQ HERE.